Moving outTake a general inventory of the property to look for damage that may have occurred while you lived there. Remember, you are obligated to repair any damage that you (or your friends) may have caused to the property during your tenancy. Be aware that the cost for any damage that you don't repair can be taken out of your bond.
Give yourself enough time to give the place a good clean once you've packed all of your stuff. You'll have an easier time cleaning if you have moved everything out of the property first.
Everything that came with the property should be returned to the condition it was when you first moved in – if not better. Always err on the side of "too clean" to increase the chances of getting your full bond back.
For a thorough clean, make sure to complete the following checklist:
- Empty and wipe down all cupboards and drawers
- Sweep and mop hardwood and linoleum floors
- Vacuum carpets thoroughly – or rent a steam cleaner if heavily soiled
- Clean the inside and outside of appliances
- Remove any large marks on doors or walls
- Wipe down windows and window sills
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233Available 24/7. Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.