|Company||Waimakariri District Council|
|Listed||Mon 24 Jul, 3:40 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Exciting and varied role
- Great lifestyle in the growing Waimakariri District
- Supportive and friendly working environment
The Waimakariri District Council serves a community of over 50,000 that is experiencing rapid growth with a high rate of development accompanied by corresponding demands on infrastructure and services.
The Council is seeking an experienced Subdivisions Engineer to work within the Subdivisions Team as part of the Project Delivery Unit, based in Rangiora. The Project Delivery Unit provides asset management and engineering planning, design, and delivery consultancy services to the Plan Implementation Unit, Utilities and Roading Department, Green Space Team, and the wider Council.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and skilled professional. The council offers a challenging work environment where you really make a difference. Typical tasks include undertaking engineering assessments on plan change applications, providing engineering advice on resource consents, engineering plan reviews, inspections, coordination with developers, and consultation with Asset Managers.
To secure this position you will need to have:
- An in-depth understanding of civil engineering principles;
- A proven ability to manage projects with multiple inputs from planners, asset managers, developers, and consultants;
- Experience in 3 waters engineering; stormwater experience is strongly desired;
- An understanding of the Resource Management Act;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to problem solve;
- A solutions focused attitude;
- A desire to seek the challenges of dealing with a wide variety of engineering matters arising from varied developments.
Applicants will be highly motivated team players who are well organised and committed to providing excellent service and quality results.
With our main office in Rangiora, just 30 minutes north of Christchurch, you will also have the opportunity to live in the rural environment, provincial town, or Christchurch City, all within an easy commute of work. Whatever your choice of living environment it is readily available and affordable. With a range of outdoor activities on your doorstep, Waimakariri is an ideal location to work, live, and play.
The rewards for this position includes a competitive salary package designed to reflect the nature of this role to the Council's business and attract the right person to join our team, which includes great working conditions and a very supportive and friendly team environment.
The Council is a Professional Development Partner with IPENZ and is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the appropriate skills, experience and attitude to fulfil the requirements of this position, and you want to be on our team then get in touch because we want to hear from you.
For more information on the position contact Kelly LaValley, Project Delivery Manager, on (03) 311 8900.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.