About the StoreWelcome to Begg's Music Centre
Begg's Music Centre was founded in 1861 by Mr Chas Begg. The first store in Dunedin was soon followed by branches throughout New Zealand. Begg's Music Centre were also involved in piano construction winning a medal for a piano in 1865 constructed with a rimu case!
In 1986 Begg's Music was amalgamated with Christchurch Music Centre, now known as the “Begg’s Music Centre”.
We supply quality musical instruments and accessories at great prices all with manufacturers warranties. Being a specialist music store we have an advantage in being able to offer excellent product knowledge and customer service.
Open for collections:
|Monday to Friday|
Saturday and Sunday
|9am - 6pm
10am - 5pm
All emails, questions & queries will be answered between Monday to Friday 9am – 6pm and weekends 10am – 5pm. It is company policy to reply to all emails as soon as possible but in the unlikely event that you have not received a response within a few hours then please let us know.
All Courier Deliveries are generally sent the same or next working day once payment has been sighted and not prior, however delays can occur during our peak times i.e. Christmas. Public Holidays.
Deliveries require a signature on arrival & nothing is sent via standard post, music books being the exception. If you will not be home between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday to accept the delivery then please have the goods addressed to your place of work, otherwise you will be expected to chase up the courier. Courier fees include quality packaging & are combinable where possible on application.
Please Note: We use track and trace with PBT Couriers. As they do not deliver to PO Box's we require a physical delivery address. Please do not sign for any damaged parcels. (otherwise you are accepting ownership of the damaged goods, no exception). All parcels' are track and trace and must be signed for unless otherwise stated by you. Please make sure correct courier charges have been included in payment, as failure to provide sufficient funds will result in delays.
Payment Instructions are Automatically Sent to all Winning Bidders within a few minutes of auctions closing and we ask that payment is made in full within 3 working days. Please ensure that you include the exact auction number on all deposits to avoid confusion. It may take a couple of days for your payment to appear at our end depending at what bank and what day payment is made.
Payment Methods Accepted:
Internet Banking. Our A/C: BNZ 02 0871 0050353 00
Pay Now via Trade Me- Credit Cards: Visa, Mastercard, Q Card & Farmers Card direct with us. Payments greater than $1000 can also be processed directly.
Pay & Collect with payment options as above
Note: All purchases come with a GST incoive/receipt
Store PoliciesPrivacy Act
Under no circumstances will we pass your details on to a third party, and all information supplied to Begg’s Music is considered private and confidential.
- If a particular listing does not contain any warranty information then Begg’s Music automatically provides a 90 day Warranty. Please check each listing carefully for correct warranty type and period.
- The Buyer must check the item(s) immediately after purchase / delivery and report any transit damage or faults by email within 72hrs of receiving the item. Begg’s Music reserves the right to refuse courier claims that are made after this time frame.
- Contact must be made directly with Begg’s Music for approval prior to returning goods under warranty, invoices will be required as proof of purchase. Photos or other forms of evidence may also be requested from the Buyer
- Begg’s Music will replace or repair where possible and refunds will only be offered where a replacement is not available. Original courier charges are non-refundable. Refunds will not be considered after the item has been used, if the buyer simply changes their mind or if the item is not “what you expected', Please choose your purchase carefully.
- Products must be returned with all accessories including their original packing materials, cartons and boxes.
- The Buyer has the responsibility and expense of sending back any faulty product to Begg’s Music. The return postage must be paid entirely by the Buyer. In return Begg’s Music is liable for sending the repaired item or replacement back to the Buyer, except in the case that the returned item is tested and found not faulty or not in the same condition that the buyer reported. In which case, the buyer will be required to pay for return postage costs and the item will be sent back at the buyer's expense.
- Warranties are not transferable beyond the original buyer
- Warranties are valid in New Zealand only.
- Begg’s Music adheres to the Consumers Guarantees & Fair Trading Acts along with Trade Me's Standard Trading Terms and Conditions.
- Warranty does not cover:
- Bonus accessory items such as batteries, storage bags, cases, strings.
- Incorrect assembly, misuse, abuse or use of a product for which it was not designed.
- Neglect and careless storage.
- Unauthorised repairs.
Please place feedback once you have received your purchase. If any issues arise, we ask you to contact us first before placing feedback. An important part of Trade Me feedback is how sellers make things right if there are problems. As we set ourselves very high standards of customer service we pride ourselves on making sure your Trade Me experience with Begg’s Music is memorable for all the right reasons.