About the StoreHabitat for Humanity Auckland builds and renovates homes for families living in poverty housing in Auckland, New Zealand and around the world. We achieve this through donations from the general public, grants and loans and a vast amount of volunteer labour.
The Habitat ReStore retail operation provides a valuable source of cash flow for our home building and renovation projects through the sale of donated goods and materials.
Our goals are to:
• Generate cash flow to support Habitat’s home building and renovation program
• Keep valuable materials out of local area landfills
• Provide the community with a source of low cost building materials and other goods
• Provide an opportunity for people to volunteer in their community
What we sell
Habitat for Humanity accepts donations of new or used saleable items that include:
appliances, Bric a Brac, clothing, furniture, building materials such as cabinets, lighting and plumbing fixtures, doors, timber, flooring, and windows. Some materials will be used to help build and renovate Habitat homes. The rest will be sold to the public.
How you can help
• Shop at our ReStore or bid online for goods on our TradeMe site
• Donate saleable items to our ReStore
• Volunteer at the ReStore or on our build sites
The number of goods on our TradeMe site is no reflection of the amount and range of goods we have in store. Please come and visit our ReStore.