|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 20 Dec, 1:16 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- East Tamaki Location
- Entry-level Trainee Role
- Opportunity for a career in the Gas Industry
Our client is offering a great training opportunity for school leavers, graduates, or someone wanting to change their career and become a fully qualified Gas Worker to support various gas network projects.
Northpower is a large-scale multi-utility service provider that has experienced continued and sustained growth. This company's strength is in its' people, with a high standard of support, respect and work. They invest heavily in both their staff and community. You will be joining a diverse and inclusive workforce, with opportunity to develop your career.
Northpower is experiencing sustained growth and is looking to add to their experienced and established teams. An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Gas Worker based in Auckland. This is an exciting career prospect to gain industry and job specific training alongside the company's experienced Gas Workers.
The role is ideally suited to someone who is 100% committed and willing to be part of a highly dedicated team. Full on-the-job training will be provided, so experience is not necessary, but a positive attitude and work ethic are a must. The applicants will need to understand what a solid day's work is and what it means to work outside, will not be afraid of physical work and will be keen to establish a solid career path.
In return for your skills and efforts, you will receive consistent support, and will have opportunities for career progression. You will need to be good at planning and managing your time. This role is relied on to give assistance to our Supervisors and Managers to ensure jobs get completed on time for our customers.
If you are a team player with a 'can do, will do' attitude, have an excellent attendance and safety record, a clean New Zealand Driver's Licence and are able to pass random drug and alcohol tests, then please apply today. The position could suit a school leaver wanting to start and build a long-term career in the Gas Industry.
- Network construction and locating obstructions
- Excavating trenches
- Providing safeguards to protect environment and public
- General labouring work as required
- Assist other team members to ensure jobs are completed on time for the customers
- Accurate record keeping and reporting
- Ownership and accountability of tasks and works undertaken
- Meet customer and regulatory requirements
- Compliance with health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Adhering to best practices
Skills and experience:
- New Zealand Class 1 driver's licence
- NCEA Level 1 or Level 2
- Ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Commitment to a skilled career path
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Previous gas experience could be an advantage
- The ability to work within a multi-cultural team environment
If you meet the above criteria, we welcome your application including your CV and cover letter in Word format via Seek.
We welcome applications from returning Kiwis, those persons with the immediate right to work and those who can achieve a visa status.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically in the first instance. If you have any questions, please call the team on 09 282 3156 quoting reference #15084.
To apply for this job, please go to our job site https://electricitycareers.northpower.com and enter the job code 15084TM.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.