|Location||Manukau City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 6 Feb, 2:42 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
Our client is a well-established NZ engineering company with a large-scale operation based in East Tamaki.
They are an industrial specialist providing maintenance, capital projects, fabrication and specialist services to leading manufacturing, commercial, industrial and utility providers.
We are seeking someone who has work experience with Hydraulic Engineering or who has recently graduated (mechanical/Hydraulic), who can provide all necessary technical hydraulic and engineering support and solutions advice to internal and external customers.
The role will involve, troubleshooting hydraulic faults and provide technical reports on specific service work as well as produce drawings when required. This is an entry level position that will allow you to develop internally by learning from senior engineers with a wealth of knowledge.
The successful candidate will possess knowledge/skills in Hydraulic Engineering. They will be able to positively and proactively support any employee or customer who needs hydraulic, mechanical, control advice, back-up or control solutions.
You will be fully familiar with customer applications and how hydraulic systems work and fit into these applications.
Your ability to Work with the sales and service team to develop proposals that speak to the customer’s needs, concerns and objectives will be key to your success.
In summary you will be able to demonstrate:-
• Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills
• Mechanical aptitude, backed by a relevant trade qualification or time served• Experience in heavy industry/contracting environment/maintenance roles
• Ability to maintain high safety and quality standards
• A real customer focus to ensure the work meets the Company and customer requirements
• Ability to translate technical to non-technical language
• Be committed to getting it right first time for our customers
• Manage complex installation and commissioning for hydraulic systems on site whilst mentoring Service resources until completion
• Work with the sales and service team to develop proposals that speak to the customer’s needs, concerns and objectives
• Ensure selected project opportunities are produces t an acceptable quality as well as being managed within time and cost budgets
• Take a hydraulic, mechanical or control problem and provide a designed solution with full pricing and timelines, which will provide the customer with limited risk
• Prepared technical reports which provide accurate information on job specifics
• Positively contribute to a strong collaborative think tank approach to manage the technical customer interface
To be eligible for this position you must currently reside in NZ and have a legal right to work permanently in this country.
The successful candidate must pass drug, alcohol, medical and MOJ checks
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.