|Company||Precision Stainless - Kumeu|
|Location||Waitakere City, Auckland|
|Listed||Sat 21 Mar, 4:07 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We are looking for a Fabricator to join our team and growing business. This is an entry level role - you will either be working through a Light Fabrication or similar apprenticeship or be 1-2 years post completion of your apprenticeship.
The work you will undertake is diverse and varied and covers repairs to total new builds and small to large jobs.
You MUST come with a great attitude, be eager to learn from your colleagues and take direction. You will be comfortable and confident to converse with a wide range of people. Our professionalism is a key to our success and you will be required to contribute to this in everything you do. We expect great reliability, punctuality and personal presentation.
Your role is is a mixture of workshop and onsite work locations around Auckland and occasionally out of the Auckland area, depending on the job you are performing. A drivers license is required to perform these duties.
Key Skills we are looking for, depending on your level of experience are:
- A passion for working safely at all times,
- An ability to read and interpret working drawings,
- Be able to check and measure components for assembly
- Have knowledge and understanding of using the appropriate tools and fabrication techniques for each task
- Have some experience and understanding of TIG welding stainless steel
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Be able to record and maintain accurate job cards and timesheets for the time worked and materials used on each job
- Be well organised
- Take pride and ownership in producing high-quality work
- An interest in boats, boating, sailing or the marine industry
At Precision Stainless our fabricators are required to polish the structures and components they create. A knowledge of polishing Stainless Steel would be an advantage, though full training will be given and is an essential part of the fabrication role here at Precision Stainless.
We will provide apprenticeship support if required and ongoing training in our industry-leading methods and fabrication techniques.
We offer a great family team environment, a pleasant work environment and surrounding based in Kumeu.
An attractive hourly rate is offered, commensurate to the level of experience and qualifications. In addition to the statutory annual and sick leave entitlements, each employee is provided with 2 additional days leave each year, a paid day for your birthday and another day for your use of your choosing.
Applicants for this role MUST already be eligible to work permanently in this country.
If this opportunity interests you, please send an application with
1. A cover letter outlining your experience, qualifications and background,
2. CV and work history
to the email address listed by 30th April 2020.
*** Only Applications submitted with a cover letter will be considered.***
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.