|Company||Kea Trailers NZ Ltd|
|Listed||Wed 6 Jun, 3:15 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The ideal candidate will have a steady hand and great attention to detail and this person must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Achieving goals for performance and deadlines
- Maintaining workflow and ensuring you have a good understanding of duties and delegated tasks
- Achieving productivity target times and providing constructive feedback to improve these
- Set up components for welding according to specifications
- When required cut material and fabricate components with powered equipment
- Align components using jigs calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual welding equipment in various positions
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Proven experience as a welder, Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be an advantage
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- You will have your own lockable toolbox and provide and maintain a basic set of fabrication tools.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient in English
- Be dependable, reliable, punctual and self-motivated at all times of employment
- Understand the importance of being part of a Team, and willingness to achieve goals.
- You are able to work unsupervised and are well organised at all times
- You have good attention to detail and take pride in your work
- Forklift training an advantage.
- Include a great attitude, enthusiastic and ability to motivate others
As this is a busy role, you will be fit and willing to give 100% at all times. Overtime will be required when product demand deems it necessary.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration based on experience and ability.
You will be part of a team that works with clear company values that you can take pride in knowing you work for NZ’s leading light trailer manufacturer with an unsurpassed reputation for quality and value for money.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.