|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Tue 2 Oct, 2:34 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
|Reference||Abb Rhodes Oct18 2|
Key responsibilities for this part-time position (6.5 -7 hours, Saturdays and Sundays, twice a month) include:
- Preparation of two meals a day, following a menu planned by our main housekeeper
- Cleaning house common areas
- Helping ensure the harmonious running of the house.
The successful applicant will
- be an experienced cook with a flair for preparing nutritious appetising meals
- have empathy for and a good understanding of the needs of older people
- be able to work co-operatively with older people and volunteers
- hold a current First Aid certificate or be willing to undergo training.
- be available occasionally to cover leave at other times.
A Food Safety and Hygiene Certificate is an advantage. Ideally you will be available to start around mid-January 2019. We are recruiting two people for this position and a monthly roster will be agreed. If you are looking for rewarding work making a difference to the lives of older people, we'd love to hear from you.
Abbeyfield Houses provide supported independent living for older people. Each resident has a studio with ensuite facilities, which he or she furnishes, cleans and looks after.
The relief or weekend housekeepers provide weekend meals and support.
The main housekeeper takes care of the household shopping, planning a 7-day menu, preparing weekday meals and other duties. The house is managed by a volunteer committee. For more information see www.abbeyfield.org.nz
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.