|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Thu 25 Oct, 4:47 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||Abb Rhodes Nov|
For this special position, we're looking for a capable cook with an understanding of good nutrition, and a heart for older people. You'll work closely with the volunteer management committee to support a family-style household of 14 older independent residents.
Key responsibilities for this full-time live-in position (35-40 hours, weekdays) include:
- Providing appetising home-style meals for residents (two prepared meals a day and supplies for self-service breakfast)
- Planning, ordering and shopping for all supplies, working to a budget
- Keeping common areas clean and tidy
- Helping ensure the harmonious running of the house.
The successful applicant will
- be an experienced cook with a flair for preparing nutritious, appetising meals
- be able to work co-operatively with older people, their families, the committee and volunteers
- have empathy for and a good understanding of the needs of older people
- hold a current First Aid certificate or be willing to undergo training.
Ideally you will be available to start in early January 2019. This is a live-in position: a one bedroom flat in our beautiful new house is provided at an affordable rental, and two meals a day on working days are included.
If you are looking for rewarding work making a difference to the lives of older people, we'd love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Abbeyfield Houses provide supported independent living for older people. Each resident has a studio with ensuite, which he or she furnishes, cleans and looks after.
The Housekeeper takes care of the household shopping, meals, the common areas of the house and keeps a general overview of the harmonious working of the house. A relief housekeeper provides weekend meals and support. The house is managed by a volunteer committee. For more information see www.abbeyfield.org.nz. Abbeyfield NZ is a registered NZ charity.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.