|Pay & Benefits||$19.80 - $24.50 per hour|
|Listed||Thu 31 Jan, 2:27 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We have several houses in Hamilton and outlying areas where we have 24/7 shift coverage on a fortnightly roster. Some of these houses are run as a secure service. We are looking for strong people to work closely with our people. Someone who is healthy and physically active with a strong physical presence would be ideal.
Skills and Experience:
• A full NZ drivers licence
• Experience working with challenging behaviours
• Strength of character
• Good de-escalation skills and able to employ distraction techniques
• Excellent communication and IT skills
• The right to legally work in New Zealand for at least 12 months
The New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing or equivalent is an advantage however people with the right values and keen interest to learn will be genuinely considered. Community Living offers ongoing training, development and coaching.
Current positions include:
• Full-time 60 to 80 hours a fortnight on a roster plus sleepovers
• Awake shifts
• Part time positions which may suit tertiary students
If this sounds like you, click 'apply for this job' to apply online today, including a cover letter and your resume/CV.
The health and wellbeing of our employees and the people we support is very important to us and as such Community Living is a smoke-free environment and operates a drug and alcohol free workplace where we have a random testing programme for all employees.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.