|Company||Abbeyfield Auckland Inc|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Listed||Thu 28 Feb, 2:34 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
|Reference||Abb Auck Feb19|
The focus of Abbeyfield is to maintain the independence and dignity of older people who are able to look after themselves but no longer wish to live on their own. We provide affordable living, meals and general support to our 12 residents, but no nursing or personal care. Abbeyfield Auckland is a registered NZ charity.
- Preparation of lunch and dinner for 12 residents
- Light domestic cleaning of the house common areas
- Record keeping
- Offer general support to residents if needed
This role requires you to work autonomously. Hours are 6-7 per day and meals are included on the days you are working.
This is a permanent position working at least two weekends a month and covering annual leave and public holidays but we are happy to discuss flexible arrangements with the right candidate.
- Be an experienced, confident and capable home-style cook.
- Have some food safety /hygiene knowledge.
- Be able to multi task, plan and manage time effectively.
- Have compassion and patience, as well as the ability to relate to a broad cross section of older people.
- Be reliable and dedicated to the role.
- Have a sense of humour!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.