|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 6 Jan, 2:18 pm|
|Type||Full time, Contract/Temp|
We have an excellent opportunity to work with our team of dedicated and experienced groundwater scientists helping to advance our understanding of Canterbury’s groundwater systems. This fixed term position, through to July 2021, will be appointed at either Senior Scientist or Scientist level depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
As a Senior Scientist, you will bring:
- Advanced technical experience in hydrogeological processes and/or groundwater chemistry
- Experience with supporting high-quality resource management decisions
- High level of communication skills allowing you to interpret complex scientific data for community groups and key decision makers; telling the science story to the varied needs and experience of your audience
- A master’s degree in a relevant field plus at least 5 years professional experience, or a bachelor’s degree plus 10 years professional experience.
As a Scientist you will bring:
- Solid technical experience with an understanding of hydrogeological processes and/or groundwater chemistry
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- A master’s degree in a relevant field with 2 years of professional experience or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 5 years of professional experience
Please see the Senior Scientist and Scientist job descriptions for more details regarding the capabilities needed to succeed at each level.
We offer a collaborative, inclusive work environment, great training and development opportunities, flexible working practices to support a work life/balance and a competitive benefits and salary package. The position is based in Christchurch.
This vacancy is eligible for the ECan Recruitment Policy Talent Referral scheme. If you have been referred by an ECan staff member, please note their name in your application.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.