Structural / Civil - Site Labourers, Carpenters, Hammerhands Location: Whanganui
Emmetts Civil Construction is are a family owned sole proprietorship specialising in Structural and Civil contracting for over 60 years. We have positions available for immediate start for people who have experience in structural or civil construction or experience in building. Emmetts Civil Construction specialises in building bridges, underpasses and other civil construction work.
The position requires the successful applicant to:
- Confirm satisfactory experience, preferably two years or more, working in construction, this could include; general site-works, set-outs and levels, formwork assembly, placing and tying reinforcing, placing and finishing concrete, piling, handling and placing steel-work, reinforcing and precast components, safe use of hand and power tools.
- Hold a current clean full NZ driver’s license.
- Have a willingness to travel and stay away from home when required during the working week.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work unsupervised yet excel in a team environment.
- Be Health and Safety conscious.
- Demonstrate a high degree of reliability and attendance.
- Undertake a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Other key skills that would be preferable but not a must:
- Dogman experience / qualifications, e.g. Unit Standard 3789 ‘Sling regular loads and communicate during crane operations’ or recognised international equivalent.
- BCITO qualifications or commercial building experience.
- Forklift experience or qualifications / F endorsement.
- EWP – Elevated work platform experience and training.
- Experience in working with and around heavy construction machinery, including Cranes, Diggers and Trucks.
- Experience in gas-cutting, welding and other steel fabrication disciplines.
The above other key skills are preferable but not a must as Emmetts Civil Construction are committed to developing its people to their full potential which includes training for proven staff.
If you are physically fit with a positive outlook, a ‘can do’ attitude and good communication skills, apply now if you would like to join our team.
Please ensure that you note what licences and endorsements you currently hold along with your application.
Emmetts believe in paying people fairly and accordingly and remuneration will be assessed on skills and experience.
Our company is focused on excellence and strongly committed to ongoing improvement and we are serious about employing people with high level skills who can demonstrate that they share our vision.
Due to NZ Health and Safety regulations a good command of the English language is essential.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.