Crane Operator Location: Whanganui
Emmetts Civil Construction is are a family owned sole proprietorship specialising in Structural and Civil contracting for over 60 years. We have positions available for immediate start for people who have experience in operating Crawler, Mobile and Hiab Cranes. Emmetts have a fleet of 5 – 250 tonne cranes for which we require skilled operators.
This position requires the successful applicant to:
- Confirm satisfactory experience, preferably NZQA levels, in operating mobile cranes and/or crawler cranes.
- Have a willingness to undertake work outside of crane operations including all aspects of structural and civil construction.
- Hold a current clean full NZ driver’s license to Class 4.
- Hold or be able to gain BESS (Bridge Engineering Self Supervision) accreditation.
- Be able to work unsupervised yet excel in a team environment.
- Keep accurate written records.
- Have a willingness to travel and stay away from home when required during the working week.
- Undertake a mandatory pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Other key skills that would be preferable but not a must:
- Ability and willingness to operator excavator, trucks, and other heavy machinery.
- Experience with piling.
- Dogman experience / qualifications, e.g. Unit Standard 3789 ‘Sling regular loads and communicate during crane operations’ or recognised international equivalent.
If you are physically fit with a positive outlook, a ‘can do’ attitude and good communication skills, apply now if you would like to join our team.
Please ensure that you note what licences and endorsements you currently hold along with your application.
Emmetts believe in paying people fairly and accordingly and remuneration will be assessed on skills and experience.
Our company is focused on excellence and strongly committed to ongoing improvement and we are serious about employing people with high level skills who can demonstrate that they share our vision.
Due to NZ Health and Safety regulations a good command of the English language is essential.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.