Home and Community - Dunedin
Part-time and full-time roles available
We are seeking passionate support workers to independently provide support to young men with intellectual disabilities.
What does this involve?
The ability to support and encourage our clients to increase their independence and self-reliance skills both in the home and the community by the following:
- Assisting them to plan and achieve their goals
- Supporting them to access community activities and social opportunities of their choice
- Providing opportunities for self-development and personal growth
- Assisting them to broaden their interests and experiences and develop friendships with others.
What skills will a Support Worker require?
- Highly motivated and committed people looking for a rewarding career
- People who are resilient and can stay calm in challenging situations
- Those with a reasonable level of physical fitness and who like to be active
- Those who can build, establish and maintain good relationships
You will need the following:
- A full New Zealand driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle (mileage is reimbursed)
- The ability to work with both manual and computerised record keeping
- Be able to complete a satisfactory police check
- New Zealand citizenship/residency/valid work visa
- Availability to work weekdays and/or weekends
Working for us
We are committed to our employees and are proud to employ and train the best people in all areas of our organisation. We provide a career pathway for staff through the learning and development framework and offer a starting rate from $20.50 - $25.50 per hour depending on relevant qualifications.
So, if you are passionate about providing support to a wide range of people and think you would like a career with NZCare, then we would like to hear from you!
Mena he tangata ngakaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i nga momo tangata, tena pea, kei konei he turanga mou. Tukua mai to tono ki NZCare.
NZCare Disability is committed to ensuring the good health and wellbeing of its staff and the people they support by operating a smoke-free environment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.