This listing closed and did not sell.
- Browse for similar listings in Clocks & scientific instruments
Other listings you might like
Built-in 2018 and forged from the depths of physics. A mighty machine arose from a seemingly normal garage in suburban Blenheim. After a year of working two part-time jobs, researching, and building, the science fair project was complete! In its current state, a beautiful plasma generator stands. However, by adding the second isotope of hydrogen into the plasma void. A tasty nuclear reaction will ensue!
Refer to comment surrounding Ministry of Health
Selling to afford university!
Note: All the electrical work has been completed by a qualified electrical engineer. The transformer should not be left on at max for longer than 20 minutes.
Below is a list of parts:
- 10mA, 2kV - 15kV, High Voltage Power Supply (with spare electrical components).
- A-i220, 7.5 microns, 2 Stage Vacuum Pump
- 0-260VAC Variable Laboratory Autotransformer (Variac) - 500VA.
- Extra 2.4m of High Voltage Silicone Rubber 40kv Wiring.
- Lead shielding cover - 4ish mm thick
- 20 grams of liquid Deuterium.
- Body constructed with stainless steel 1.5inch Tri-Clamp flange fittings, including, T sections, sight glass, end caps, ball valve, and rubber seals.
- Custom nickel electrical feedthrough rated to 20kV 15A. Originally mounted to a QF16 flange but now welded onto a 1.5inch Tri-Clamp blank.
- The frame can be added for free! (It's a bit gash)
- Hose clips are not in the photo but do come with the purchase along with a few spare SS fittings.
- Grounding alligator clip and wire.
This device currently stands as a working plasma generator (effectively a display piece).The next step is for a very brave person to start a nuclear reaction with the deuterium and some silver. 15KV is at the low end to initiate neutron production but I have talked to a few people that have achieved it with similar conditions. The purpose of the reactor currently is just to make nice purple light, the potential for the reactor is to produce neutrons for other projects.
Feel Free to ask Questions Below!
Shipping & pick-up options
|Destination & description
|All of NZ > courier
|Pick-up available from Blenheim, Marlborough
NZ Bank Deposit
Questions & Answers
"Potentially" Nuclear Fusion Reactor *Comes with Deuterium*
About the seller
samlee01100% positive feedback( 6
This seller supports Save the Kiwi
The success fee from this item will be rounded up to the nearest dollar and the difference donated to Save the Kiwi: Protecting kiwi and the places they live.