This item was sold to another member.
- Browse for similar listings in Other
Other listings you might like
St James Presbyterian Church Waihi is surplus to the requirements of the Congregation. It has not been used since 2012.
We are prepared to gift the building to anyone who can use. Our strong preference is for relocation but we would consider use on site for a purpose not incompatible with Christian faith.
This church, built in heart Rimu with a corrugated iron roof, was completed in 1905 and opened in February 1906. It is constructed in a then typical cathedral cross configuration, 26.5 m long and 15.5 m wide, with a steeply pitched roof (47 degrees±) about 10 metres high. Currently is it Category 2 listed with Heritage NZ and WBOP District Council.
As it is only 8% of current earthquake standards it requires strengthening and maintenance before it could be used by the public.
May be viewed by appointment
Shipping & pick-up options
|Destination & description||Price|
|To be arranged||N/A|
|Pick-up available from Katikati, Bay of Plenty||Free|
Cash, NZ Bank Deposit