Listed: Tue, 10 Oct
Unique Riverside Retreat
36 Harvey Street, Waitati, Dunedin, Otago
Asking price $895,000
- 4 Beds
- 1 Bath
- 250m² Floor
- 8094m² Land
|Broadband in the area
Nestled alongside the tranquil Waitati river in the center of the village this extraordinary property is a self-sufficient paradise with exceptional features that make it truly one-of-a-kind.
- Riverside Serenity: A soothing backdrop to daily life with abundant birdlife forming an entertainer's paradise.
- Sustainability at its best: Embrace self-sufficiency with ample garden space, established fruit and firewood trees and a lifestyle that harmonises with nature.
- Spacious living: Generous living areas opening to a spacious sun-drenched deck that invites relaxation and gatherings with a designated pool and bar room.
- Heating: Wood burners, a heat pump, radiators heated via wetback, solar panels to boost the hot water.
- Character Kitchen: Bespoke Kauri cabinetry, with modern appliances forming the hub of the home.
- Four spacious comfortable bedrooms
- Extras include the sweeping dual access driveway with an abundance of parking, a single garage, and carport. Plus, a workshop, brewery room and barn with spacious loft area. The separate large room at the front of the house with its own entrance used to be the Old General Store.
- Bathroom: with shower and radiator, the toilet is separate, and the laundry is so practical on the covered side porch.
- Cute separate cottage: with its own deck, kitchenette, and wood burner - this spacious one room cottage is ideal for guests, or Woofers, with an outside character composting toilet. Within walking distance of Waitati amenities including the local school, library, cafes, art gallery and local stores. Doctors Point beach known for its wildlife and with boat launching area is a short drive. This rare gem of a property with its distinctive features is only a pleasant 15-minute drive to Dunedin CBD. Call Kirsty for Set Viewing times.
Open home times
No times scheduled