Listing Detail Tabs
Written by Peter English, Gwthyn Burgess, Ricardo Segundo & John Dunne.
This work focuses on the care of the pig, affirming the importance of the stock person in animal husbandry, health, welfare & unit performance. There is a review of what is known about the factors that contribute to the quality of stockmanship. At the same time, the book offers suggestions about practical steps which owners and managers can take to improve stockmanship on livestock enterprises, starting with techniques for staff recruitment and training.
* The stockman & employment trends in agriculture
* Stockmanship & its importance
* The role of empathy in stockmanship
* Factors influencing the quality of the stockperson
* Attracting applicants & selecting the best
* Inducting & retaining new employees
* Job satisfaction & dissatisfaction in stockpeople
* Motivation of stockpeople
* Improving stockmanship – the correct route to take
Illustrated throughout with colour & black/white photographs & tables.
Hardcover, with d/j. 190 pages.
Published in 1992.
In overall very good used condition, just has slight waviness to pages. No sign of any water marks.
Spine protective taped inside.
I have 100's of other similar books, if there is anything in particular you are looking for don't hesitate to ask
NOTE: I have quoted you the cheapest postage option available. This is not tracked. If you wish for tracked post, or courier option just let me know, & I can advise you of the cost
Always happy to combine postage too!