Written by The Trade Me team in General
at 4:30pm, Mon 2 Sep 2019
As per the recent change in legislation, from 1 December we will be collecting NZ GST of 15% for all Trade Me purchases from any international seller to a New Zealand buyer.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From 1 November, international sellers won’t be able to offer auctions, or pick-up shipping options.
- Ping and Afterpay will be the only payment methods offered by international sellers.
- International sellers will provide us with a GST exclusive item price and a GST exclusive shipping price. NZ GST of 15% will be included by us, and this is what Kiwi buyers will see on listings.
- Buyers will continue to pay the GST inclusive price. However, international sellers will receive the GST exclusive payment.
- When a Kiwi buyer makes a purchase from an international seller, we’ll send them a GST receipt.
Check out our Seller Information Centre for more details, or get in touch if you have any questions.