Listing Detail Tabs
Formula 1 '99 is not a game - it's a racing simulation. Slide into a cockpit of an F1, adjust your rear-view mirror, and take your place on the fully customisable grid. An officially licensed product of the 1999 Formula One World Championship, the title sports faithful re-creations of all 16 of the 1999 Grand Prix circuits that are based on designs from the Formula One association. Featuring the teams and drivers of the 1999 season, including all newcomers and stand-in drivers, it also complies with 1999 rules and regulations and has the voices of official TV commentators in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Finnish.
Formula 1 '99's third-generation simulation engine provides accurate driving sensations through realistic weather conditions without graphics slowdown or glitches. Also, its recorded F1 engine sounds deliver a true depiction of what a '99-spec Formula One car sounds like.
Since the game strives for realism, all of the rules of the series are here including a full flag system, jump starts, and stop-and-go penalties. If you're in the mood for intense multiplayer action, challenge friends to a race with the two-player split-screen mode. FORMULA ONE 99 continues to give F1 fans what they want.
* Innovations as fresh vehicle dynamics and handling, ultra realistic crashes and advanced engine sound effects
* Artificial intelligence has been updated to introduce such features as enhanced pit strategies and start grid behaviour
* Choose who you race as, such as Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and Mika Hakkinen, or others
* Customise grid set-up allowing players to re-create the grid exactly as it was for a given race.
* Caters for entry-level players through more scalable options and re-designed arcade mode.
Developer: Studio 33
~~ Compatible with Play Station 1, Play Station 2, and Play Station 3!
Comes with just the disc, hence the discounted price.