Feedback policyFeedback is provided to facilitate trading between members on the Trade Me website. It is designed to assist members in their decision to trade with a particular member, and to help Trade Me assess whether traders are meeting other members’ expectations.
Feedback should be relevant to the specific transaction, and factual.
Trade Me will only remove feedback where it breaches our terms and conditions of feedback. Feedback that is over 30 days old will not normally be reviewed by Trade Me.
If you have concerns about feedback that has been placed about you, you should contact the other trader to resolve the issue in the first instance. You can respond to issues raised in the feedback through the ‘post response to this feedback’ link beneath the feedback you have received, and this will appear alongside the other member’s comments on your feedback page.
Although certain exceptional circumstances will result in feedback being removed or edited, feedback will remain a permanent part of your Trade Me record. Trade Me does not arbitrate negative feedback.
Feedback will be edited or removed if Trade Me considers that:
- it contains swear words or other offensive or inappropriate content
- it contains defamatory statements
- it contains the trader's private personal information, contact details or other means to individually identify the trader
- the trader placing feedback has been permanently removed from Trade Me
- the feedback refers to any ongoing investigation by Trade Me, the police, or any other authorised party
- Trade Me receives a court order to remove feedback, or where Trade Me otherwise considers it appropriate to remove the feedback.
A defamatory statement is one that tends to lower the person in the estimation of right-thinking members of society, or which tends to cause him or her to be shunned or avoided, or which tends to cause a person to be exposed to hatred, contempt or ridicule, or which is a false statement about a person to his or her discredit.
As outlined in our Code of Conduct, members should not place retaliatory feedback. If you believe you have been the target of retaliatory or abusive feedback then please let us know.