Keeping your passwords safe
Your passwords are the keys to your Trade Me account, your bank accounts, email and more. Listed below are some tips to keep your passwords safe.
Never share your passwords - you can be held responsible for actions taken by others who have your password.
- Choose a password containing letters and numbers that is at least 8 characters long.
- Don't use simple passwords that could be found in a dictionary.
- Don't use your name or part of your email address as your password.
- Don't use "password" or "12345678" or any other easily-guessed option. We won't let you, but other sites might not be so secure.
- Use a different password for Trade Me than you do for your Internet banking or your email.
- Change your password immediately if you think it has been compromised.
- Remember to log out of Trade Me and other websites when you have finished.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233 Available 24/7. Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.