Job listing policiesWhen listing on Trade Me Jobs you must abide by the following jobs listing policies.
All listings must:
- Each represent one job vacancy.
- Represent opportunities for individual employment (not franchise/ business opportunities).
- Represent specific actual vacancies (not potential/ future opportunities).
- Be listed in the most relevant job category.
- Not be duplicated on the site within the same category. However if the listing is relevant to more than one category, or is both permanent & part time then you may choose to place more than one listing to cover these bases.
- Have no links to external sites, unless you are listing under a volume plan agreement which permits a link to an online application for that specific role.
- Be both legally compliant and consistent with principles of common decency.
Adult listings (such as listings for escort and pole dancer vacancies) are not permitted. Trade Me does not audit documents sent to advertisers through the "Apply online" feature and gives no undertakings as to the content of those documents. We do not warrant or guarantee that they will be free of viruses, trojans or other malicious or destructive programmes.
Content terms and conditions
All images and videos you add must comply with New Zealand law. You agree:
- You will not add any content that Trade Me considers misleading, deceptive, defamatory, infringes on a third party’s intellectual property or is otherwise objectionable.
- You will disable Annotations and the Advertising Feature on all videos so that no other paid content appears on Trade Me.
- In addition to your obligations under Trade Me’s terms and conditions, Job Pack terms and Value Plan terms, you release, indemnify and keep indemnified Trade Me from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses), losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us to any person arising out of or in connection with your failure to comply with the above.
Trade Me reserves the right to remove any listings that are in breach of the terms and conditions or these listing policies. Trade Me also reserves the right to remove any job listings that it deems inappropriate, at its sole discretion.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233 Available between 6am and midnight, 7 days a week Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.