We recommend you run through the quick checklist below before purchasing any goods to sell on Trade Me.
- Read Trade Me’s Banned & Restricted items list.
- Have a look at these 'Ten tips before you import'.
- Visit the NZ Customs website to check any import tax and duty obligations, get advice on restrictions and understand the legalities of imports.
- Check with The Ministry of Primary Industries to make sure there aren't any quarantine regulations.
- Look for sellers with established reputations (often based on authentication, user feedback and trust ratings).
- Ensure authenticity of the product. Remember, counterfeit goods aren’t allowed.
- Agree on purchase and shipping details in advance. Make sure you confirm in writing.
- Be wary of anonymous payment methods. Remember to use only trusted sources.
- Be cautious when giving out personal information online.
- You must have the product in your possession before it can be listed for sale.
- Check, recheck and check again before parting with your cash.