Charities and fundraising
We can help charities and fundraisers as Trade Me's a great place to list auctions, generate money, and raise awareness of your cause. Our charities team can assist with fee rebates, help with listings and setting up accounts, give you hot tips about what we've seen work best, and maybe even help promote your listings.
If you are a registered charity
If you are a charity registered with Charities Services we will donate 50% of success fees back to your organisation. Success fees will be charged as usual and the 50% rebate will be automatically refunded back your the Trade Me account as an auction closes.
If you wish to register with Trade Me, please do the following:
- Set up a business membership to be used for your fundraising auctions. You'll be asked to provide information about the charity, as well as the details of the main contact person managing the account.
- Complete the Registered Charity Application Form and return to us by emailing it through to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will be in touch to let you know if the application has been approved.
- You will need your charity to become an authenticated member. There are a couple of ways you can do this, so check out our 'Become an authenticated member' help page.
The Trade Me Jobs team is happy to provide an additional 33% discount off all Job Packs and Volume Plan rates - please contact our Trade Me Jobs team directly on 0800 865 627 or email email@example.com.
If you are not a registered charity
In addition to registered charities, we know lots of Kiwis are awesome and love to fundraise on behalf of charities, even if they are not affiliated with the charity in an official capacity. We can help out here too. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief summary of what you’re planning on listing, and who you’re donating the proceeds to. Approval from the charity and any other supporting information about the fundraising initiative would be good to include too. We’ll get back in touch to let you know what we can do to help.
Remember that if your organisation wants to become a registered charity, it will need to apply to Charities Services. Registered charities are monitored by Charities Services, eligible for an exemption from income tax, and have all their details listed on the Charities Register.
Charity-related campaigns and coolness
If you have a special listing, a bunch of awesome things, a great idea, or a big campaign you think we should know more about, please get in touch with our charities team on email@example.com with a brief summary. If it’s truly cool, you should also nominate it as a contender for a cool auction slot on the Trade Me homepage.
Organisations re-homing cats and dogsWithin the dogs and cats categories we have ‘to adopt’ sub-categories for people wanting to re-home their cat or dog. There’s no listing fee for people who list their cat or dog in this category, provided the animal can be adopted for free, or is listed by an organisation that has been approved by Trade Me. If you’re an approved organisation you can recover the costs associated with things like providing temporary housing to these animals until new homes are found, vaccinations, microchipping, or de-sexing animals etc. To become an approved organisation, you need to register and be approved by the Trade Me team – flick us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to kick off this process.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233 Available between 6am and midnight, 7 days a week Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.