Accessing your information on Trade MeAs a member you have a right to access the personal information we hold about you. Your right to access this information comes from Information Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1993. You also have a right to seek correction of any information we hold that is out of date or incorrect.
Below is an example of the type of information we hold about you:
- your username
- your recorded name as account holder and any edits
- your recorded phone number(s) and any edits to this
- your recorded address and any edits to this
- the date of your last login
- the date your membership was created
- your recorded delivery addresses and any edits to this
- recorded credits and debits to your membership
- your account balance
- an overview of listings that you have run, including: listing ID, title, reserve price, Buy Now price, purchase price, date of purchase, and buyer username
- an overview of listings won, including: listing ID, title, reserve price, Buy Now price, purchase price, date of purchase, and seller username
- the date of your account logins to our desktop site
- recorded classified emails to other members regarding your membership.
Note: The list above outlines the most commonly requested and readily accessible member information we hold, but is not exhaustive. Members may request other information which may include their personal information.
In some cases we may redact or withhold information to ensure what’s released doesn’t compromise an ongoing investigation by a government agency, create a security risk, or prejudice Trade Me’s commercial position.
Sometimes we’ll also need to charge for the supply of information. For example, if the request is very broad and the information requested is likely to take significant time and resources to find and prepare. In these situations, we’ll get in touch to discuss your request and give you an estimate of the cost before doing anything.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233Available 24/7. Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.