Ping by Trade Me
What is Ping?Ping allows you to make instant payments from your bank account, Ping balance, or credit/debit card. Payments appear in a seller’s Ping balance instantly, so buyers should get their items faster. With Ping, you can use the stored money in your Ping balance (from items you’ve sold) to pay for Trade Me purchases.
- It’s easy: no more mucking around swapping bank account details.
- It’s instant: payments are processed instantly so you should receive items faster.
- It’s safe: paying with Ping offers you more protection because it keeps all the buyer and seller information securely on Trade Me. There’s no need to share your bank account or credit card details, and our Customer Support team will help you out if there are any problems. Plus, our new initiative Buyer Protection is applied to most Ping payments.
How does Ping work?Buying with Ping:
When you win an auction or select Buy Now on a listing that offers Ping as a payment option, you can make an instant payment using Ping with your credit/debit card, bank account or Ping balance. Your payment will instantly appear in the seller’s Ping balance, so they can send your item straight away. Buyer Protection also applies to most Ping payments, giving buyers extra protection when they purchase items on Trade Me.
When you create a listing, you can add Ping as a payment option. If a buyer pays with Ping, their money will instantly appear in your Ping balance. Note that there is a transaction fee of 1.95% (1.65% for Top Sellers).
You can choose to leave the buyer’s money in your Ping balance to pay for Trade Me purchases, or transfer it to your bank account.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233 Available between 6am and midnight, 7 days a week Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.