Afterpay for buyers
We've teamed up with Afterpay to offer you a ‘buy now, pay later’ payment option on thousands of listings across Trade Me. It’s interest-free, and you get your item straight away.
Where available, you can choose Afterpay to purchase an item using your debit or credit card and pay it off in four fortnightly interest-free payments.
It’s quick to sign up, and the process is instant and secure. Repayment is automated, and (providing you pay instalments on time) there are no fees.
Paying by Afterpay also means we've got your back with Buyer Protection.
How it works:
- Where available, choose Afterpay as the payment option for your purchase. You’ll then be taken to Afterpay’s secure site.
- First-time customers provide Afterpay with a few details like email, mobile number, address and debit or credit card number. Returning customers simply log in to Afterpay.
- Make your purchase by following the steps required.
- Once the purchase is complete on Afterpay’s site, you’ll be returned to Trade Me and will receive your purchase confirmation as normal.
- The seller will be instructed to ship your item immediately.
- Afterpay will automatically deduct the instalments from your debit or credit card every fortnight.
At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account (via their site) to see your payment schedule or make a payment before the due date.
For more information see other important facts for buyers.
If you’re a seller, learn more about accepting Afterpay payments on your listings.
Want further assistance?
- Call us on 0900 87233 Available between 6am and midnight, 7 days a week Calls cost $1.99 + GST per minute.
- Email us your questionWe aim to respond within 3-5 days.