|Location||Western Bay Of Plenty, Bay Of Plenty|
|Listed||Wed 9 Oct, 11:51 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We have a vacancy for an astute Assistant Accountant in our Finance Team based at our head office in Washer Road, Te Puke.
The role is primarily responsible for supporting our operations team with reporting and analysis, managing and processing packaging costs, administering company documents and supporting the Finance Team with data analysis and data integrity. For 3 months of the year (March-May), the packaging responsibilities will contribute to about 80% of the role.
Reporting to the Management Accountant you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Weekly and monthly labour reporting.
- Recording and accounting for labour costs.
- Budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Maintaining packaging accounts and supporting site packaging processes.
- Building and analysing PowerBI reports to better understand our operations.
- Company secretarial matters, including share register, dividend and rebate payments.
- Maintaining key contract documentation.
You will need to have:
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and PowerBI experience would be an advantage.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good knowledge of computer systems.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities (and at time conflicting priorities) with a high level of success, and maintain an organised approach.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain professional working relationships with growers and staff at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data.
- An accounting qualification (or studying towards) and preferably 3 years' work experience.
- The confidence to work autonomously and take responsibility for day to day issues but at times work closely with stakeholders during short, busy period forecasting and budget periods.
This is a really interesting, challenging and varied role, with changing priorities and focus throughout the year as the kiwifruit season progresses.
Applications will need to include a cover letter and CV.