|Company||Coastal Accounting Limited|
|Listed||Fri 29 Jun, 6:30 am|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
To assist the Directors with all aspects of Accounting Services for a large range of clients.
At Coastal Accounting, we specialise in small to medium sized businesses. We provide accounting, taxation, business advisory and business development services and we strive to be the most respected in our region, where clients are cared for by a team that enjoys working with them and one another.
Our vision is to help small to medium businesses get the right accounting advice to understand and develop their business to its full potential.
We are looking to recruit a NZ experienced and qualified (or intending to qualify) senior Accountant to join our team.
This role will require someone to work between 27.5 – 37.5 hours per week however, we are happy to offer flexibility in hours to support work/life balance.
It is a requirement of the job that at least 27.5 hours of work (4 days) is completed at the main office: 2a Grant Street, Kamo.
The position will involve significant client interaction and so will suit a bright and friendly candidate, looking to enhance their skill base while also enjoying a varied role in a young, professional and dynamic environment.
If you have the following skills and experience, please read on.
• At least five years’ experience in an Accounting practise.
• Has a sound knowledge of the NZ income tax system.
• Understands how to compile a set of financial statements and tax returns.
• Good knowledge of paperless based work papers.
• Review all work assigned to all other team members, for all types of work and entities.
• Able to prepare detailed letters and proposals for clients
• Help with the training of junior/intermediate team members
• Support the Directors in other adhoc work
• Proficient knowledge of Xero & online MYOB Accounting systems.
• Knowledge of QuickBooks, would be a bonus.
• Troubleshoot cashbook issues for clients.
• Understand the firm’s workflow expectations
• Manage your own WIP budgets and turnaround times proactively.
• Happy to deal directly with clients.
• Complete Records in with Clients
• A strong commitment and detail driven attitude with a strong desire to learn
• High degree of accuracy, responsibility and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal & written English skills
• Has NZ residency and is currently living in NZ.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.