|Pay & Benefits||Remuneration commensurate with position|
|Listed||Sun 1 Jul, 9:02 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
In addition to these core functions, the Financial Controller will be assisting the CFO with:
• Due diligence & financial modelling in relation to proposed strategic projects or initiatives [such as merger or acquisition activity].
• Assisting with the integration of acquisitions into our business.
• Assisting with a bottom up all encompassing redesign/review of our accounting framework.
• Preparation of management reports and reconciliations.
• Preparation of the annual budget.
• Financial and data analysis of large volumes of information.
• Supporting profitability by providing reporting, analysis and support to the business.
• Assisting in the development of the company’s financial systems.
• Commentary of statutory reporting for the business.
• Ability to form robust professional relationships including collaboration and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders to assist in business decisions and assist to prepare monthly forecasting.
• Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
• Ideally CA / CPA qualified [or equivalent].
• Approximately 8 years post qualification experience, including a minimum of 3 years in investment banking / strategic consulting or working for a large accountancy firm.
• Been performing outstandingly well in a senior accounting role within a dynamic commercial environment.
• Advanced Excel skills including the ability to produce financial models and macros.
• Exceptional time management and organisational skills.
• A solid understanding of financial accounting.
• Exceptional communication ability.
• A can-do attitude – things can happen quickly, and you will need to keep up. A positive outlook and the ability to fit into and a passion for supporting your team is a must.
• A deadline focused approach.
• The confidence to challenge the status quo in a positive and constructive manner using excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with an ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.