|Pay & Benefits||30hrs a week|
|Listed||Mon 28 May, 2:45 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
Whanau Tupu Ngatahi - Families growing together.
Playcentre is a family organisation where:
- we empower adults and children to play, work, learn and grow together
- we honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi and celebrate people’s uniqueness
- we value and affirm parents as the first and best educators of their children
so that whanau are strengthened and communities enriched
Do you have payroll management experience and knowledge, plus some knowledge of accounting/finance? This may be the perfect role for you!!
- 30 hours a week – hours can be set around outside commitments like school pickup
- Ideally you will be based in or near Wellington
This person will be part of a small finance team, made up of the CFO, another Accounts Manager, and a number of Accounts Administrators. This role will be responsible for leading individuals within the team of Accounts Administrators who focus on payroll. The role will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to have an overview of the financial status of the organisation.
This role will be accountable for accurate and timely processing of payroll, some aspects of invoices and payments and may include some aspects of financial reporting. To allow mastery parts of the role may be divided up and this person will be focusing mainly on payroll for a start, but some familiarity in each aspect will be required.
This is an exciting time to join Playcentre Aotearoa, as we become a national organisation, with up to 800 staff to be paid, and some complexity around people who work varied days and hours over the year. You will play a big part in setting up our payroll system, and ensuring we meet our obligations to our employees.
You will need to love payroll, have some knowledge of accounting, and be passionate about setting up new systems and processes that work for the end user.
This opportunity could be a step in your career to become a Payroll Manager, or towards a role in the Accounting or Finance field. The benefits of the role are the part time nature, ability to agree set hours that work around outside commitments, and a real chance to take a step up in your career.
You will need
- Experience in leading, managing and motivating individuals
- To be skilled and knowledgeable in NZ Payroll (including understanding obligations under Employment Relations Act, Equal Pay Act, Minimum Wage Act, Accident Compensation Act, Privacy Act, Wages Protection Act, Kiwisaver Act and Income Tax Act)
- Experience managing payroll IT systems
- To be computer literate. An experienced user in word and excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Some understanding of and a background in accounting/finance
- To have a ‘can do’ attitude and be up for a challenge
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.