An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and motivated hands-on Livestock Manager to join our team on Logan, a 2500ha mixed farming property, 6km from Evandale, Tasmania. The livestock enterprise consists of 7,000 breeding ewes focusing on finishing 10,000 prime lambs under pivot irrigation. Reporting to the owners, this role requires:
- Proven hands-on livestock management and animal husbandry experience
- Demonstration of a high standard of animal welfare practices together with a passion and enthusiasm for livestock production
- Pasture management and feed budgeting skills are an advantage
- Can demonstrate a positive work ethic and people management skills
- Interest in participating in ongoing skills training and development
- Ability and interest in using technology to advance animal production
Above award package on experience and includes a 3 bedroom cottage. The successful applicant will have all the benefits of working on a large farming property with close proximity to a primary school (7km), secondary schools and tertiary education (20km) and Launceston airport (10km).