|Company||The Gums - Cheviot|
|Listed||Sun 3 Jun, 8:22 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
This is a diverse operation in which the successful applicant will develop a wide range of skills and experiences that will position them well to advance in the industry.
The successful applicant will be required to assist in all aspects of the day to day running of the farm.
On-farm operations include:
• A flock of commercial halfbred ewes
• A sheep stud and genetics business – selling rams into industry across the following breeds – Poll Merino, Quarterbred, Halfbred and Dorset Down.
• Trading cattle
• We do our own forage cropping and pasture renewal, using a small fleet of modern gear
Specific tasks required in the role include, but are not limited to:
• Mustering and stock movement – ranging from 5 ha paddocks to 130 ha hill blocks
• General stock and yard work
• Assistance with collecting records on stud sheep
• Tractor work – boom spraying and direct drilling
• Fencing – both R & M and erection of new fences
The role will require the successful applicant to work alongside the owners and independently.
A base of farm and stock experience will greatly assist applicants, although attitude and a mature approach to work will get you a long way. If you are observant, want to learn, are keen, and have plenty of energy you’ll thrive in the role.
In order to apply for the position you must:
- Have basic knowledge around general farm work.
- Display initiative and take ownership of tasks
- Work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- Have a current drivers licence
- Be self-motivated, honest and reliable.
- Have two well controlled dogs
Opportunities for formal training and development will be provided to the right applicant – e.g. AgITO, shearing courses etc
Tidy single quarters is available.
Further infrormation can be found at www.facebook.com/thegumssheep/
Further details are available by contacting Mark Stevenson on 022 087 5818 or 03 319 8587.
Please apply by emailing your CV, including the contact details of two references to Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.