|Company||Sealord Group Limited|
|Location||Nelson, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Wed 18 Jul, 2:19 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As an on-board Fishmeal Plant Operator you will be responsible for monitoring the running of the fishmeal plant, monitoring temperature/ pressure gauges and moisture content, monitoring the hopper and speed of the fishmeal plant and undertaking bagging and stacking of meal.
This position supports the Senior Fishmeal Operator in ensuring that the Fishmeal Plant operates in an efficient and effective manner with minimal downtime so that fishmeal produced is in accordance with agreed product specifications and customer requirements.
Key competencies required are the following:
- A basic engineering background
- Proven experience in operating plant equipment
- Fishmeal Plant experience (advantageous but not essential)
- Comfortable with repetitive heavy lifting (bagging and stacking meal)
- Competence to work in a team and build good relationships
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills to make the workflow/operations easier
- Well-developed oral, written and numeracy skills
- Ability to operate/ manage according to company health and safety policies and procedures
Things you should know about the job:
- The trip lengths vary from vessel to vessel ranging from two to six weeks
- Trip on trip off. The amount of time you are out on the vessel, you will get the same amount of time off following
- Hours of work are generally done in shifts of six hours on and six off
- Three delicious meals a day served up by our experienced Cooks
- All personal protective equipment supplied to keep you safe and your clothing clean
- Internet access while at sea
- Boats dock at Port Nelson and it is your responsibility to make sure you can get to Nelson in time to sail
- In the interests of keeping everyone safe at sea, drug testing is part of our pre-employment health assessment. Random drug testing is an on-going condition of employment
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction to both the Nelson site and your vessel
- Ongoing certified health and safety, compliance, and development training
- Opportunities to gain a qualification while you work
- Onsite health centre and nurse, as well as on-board trained medic
- Staff sales - a shop with cheap as chips Sealord product that only Sealord employees can purchase
- Staff discount card for a whole lot of Nelson based businesses
- Working for a company committed to training and development and helping you fulfil your potential
- Free flu vaccines and wellness checks
This is a great entry level role for someone with an engineering background that would like to work in the fishing industry. Many of our Fishmeal Plant Operators have been promoted to Factory Engineer and other Senior roles on board the vessels.
If you consider yourself to be motivated and hardworking person who is looking for a challenge (and good money!) then we want to hear from you.
Please apply now with your CV and cover letter.
We will review your application and if we think you have what it takes then we will be in touch!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.