|Company||Appletons Tree Nursery|
|Location||Tasman, Nelson / Tasman|
|Pay & Benefits||Remuneration will be dependent upon experience|
|Listed||Thu 8 Mar, 3:08 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
We have a permanent full-time vacancy at our tree nursery in Mt. Heslington Road, Brightwater, where we grow Radiata pine seedlings & other forestry tree species for supply to our Forestry clients, mainly in the Nelson and Marlborough areas.
The successful applicant would be working alongside the Nursery Manager/Owner in a second in charge capacity.
This role is varied and encompasses all aspects of nursery work including ground preparation, seed sowing, fertilising, weeding and general seasonal management of seedlings during growing phases.
We seek applicants with the following attributes:
• Enthusiastic keen interest in horticulture.
• Enjoys working outdoors.
• Be physically fit.
• Staff management, be a good team leader who communicates well with all other members of the team. Additional contract labour are employed for the lifting/grading/dispatching season over winter.
• A mechanical aptitude, as minor vehicle, plant & equipment maintenance required.
• Be able to maintain accurate records on a daily and weekly basis. Good written & numeric skills required.
• Communicate well with freight operators, planters and office staff (located at our Wakefield Nursery).
• Previous horticulture/supervisory experience would be an advantage, but not essential. The necessary training will be provided for a suitable applicant.
Remuneration will be dependent upon experience and reflect the level of responsibility required.
A more comprehensive position description will be available at time of interview.
Please visit our website www.appletons.co.nz to find out all about us.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.