|Listed||Wed 11 Apr, 2:11 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As the Foreperson you will oversee 3 - 4 small teams as they complete their animal pest control operations (trapping, baiting, surveying and monitoring of pest animals, including possums, pigs and ferrets) in the South Canterbury area, ensuring we deliver on contract requirements.
This will include working with the Supervisor to complete all animal and/or plant pest control tasks assigned. You will be expected to plan, organise and direct the activities of teams to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of customers while ensuring all safety, quality and productivity targets are met as well as providing training and development for team members.
About you - to be successful in this role you will have:
- Industry-specific qualifications and experience in animal or plant pest control (preferred)
- Proven track record and experience in leading and managing high performance teams in the animal or plant pest control industry (or similar experience)
- Clear demonstration of leadership behaviours that empower others including safe working practices
- Customer focussed and able to maintain relationships with a range of internal and external clients
- Demonstrated time management and planning skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Have a good level of fitness and confident working outdoors (staying in back country accommodation when necessary)
- Computer knowledge with an ability to use MS Office applications (Word, Excel), GIS mapping software and operate hand held devices such as GPS
- A Controlled Substance Licence (CSL), Approved Handler Certificate for relevant substances, and a firearms licence is preferable but not essential, however, you must be able to obtain these licences if necessary.
- You must have a clean class 1 and 6 license, ideally combined with first aid and LUV driving qualifications.
In return we offer:
- Downer is a dynamic company that offers challenges, complexity and the chance to create a better future for our employees, communities and the environment.
- Join a team that is genuinely committed to maintaining New Zealand and tackling the problem of pests head-on.
- We will give you the opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career!
APPLY NOW, by clicking button below or visiting www.downercareers.co.nz and entering 549968 into the keyword search.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.