|Company||Orana Wildlife Park|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 23 Jul, 2:38 pm|
|Type||Part time, Permanent|
We are seeking to employ a suitable person for the above position. You will need to be a highly driven and energetic individual with a passion for wildlife.
The ideal applicant will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
• Responsible mature attitude and team player.
• Previous zoo and/or animal husbandry experience is required.
• Good communication skills.
• A Unitec “Care of Captive Wild Animals” certificate would be considered an advantage.
• High level of physical fitness (heavy lifting will be required).
• Good practical and maintenance skills, for example exhibit maintenance, fence maintenance, electric fence repairs, etc.
Duties will include:
• Providing daily care and welfare to a variety of animals.
• Involvement in zoo-based breeding programmes for threatened exotic species.
• Implementing behavioural enrichment programmes.
• Conducting fun, informative presentations to educate visitors on the plight of exotic fauna.
• Take part in pest control programmes.
• Animal observation and record keeping.
• Maintaining animal enclosures and exhibits.
• Periodic supervision of junior staff.
The working week for the position is yet to be determined and will involve working full time, 40 hours per week. Hours of work are 8:30am to 5:00pm. Salary will be in accordance with skills and experience. If you wish to apply, then we invite you to request an application pack by telephone (03 359 7109) or email (email@example.com). All applications must be submitted on the official application form included in the pack by 5 pm, Monday 3rd September. Applications can be posted to: Manager of Exotic Species, Orana Wildlife Park, PO Box 5130, Christchurch 8542, or emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.