|Company||Nelson City Council|
|Location||Nelson, Nelson / Tasman|
|Listed||Wed 25 Jul, 12:44 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Your career will blossom at Nelson City Council!
- Operational leadership role
- Skilled and enthusiastic team
Here at Nelson City Council, we are always striving to deliver an even better service to our community. We have an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to support a positive, friendly and capable team to be successful.
You will be a recognised leader with horticulture/arboriculture or environmental management qualifications and expertise. Your demonstrated ability to implement efficiencies and service improvements is what sets you apart from your peers.
You will enjoy the style of collegial working and knowledge sharing that comes from being a part of the wider Parks & Facilities business unit. With an interesting mix of technical, operational, financial and relationship management (plus we’re a unitary authority), this is a role that offers depth and diversity.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- demonstrated leadership capabilities and experience leading high functioning teams
- a sound understanding and experience of contract management, including the development of contract documentation, reporting, auditing, and day-to-day management
- experience in managing parks and reserves
- a high level of relationship management skills to build and maintain key relationships, consult and engage with the community, and work with community organisations, Council and senior management
- strong personal prioritisation and time management skills
- sound judgement and political acumen
- high level of oral and written communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills
- experience in project management
- an aptitude for providing focused customer service
- demonstrated ability to write reports, research information, and coordinate and consult with other teams
- ability to plan and deliver consistent services
- a demonstrable history of professional development and growth through industry involvement and openness to training
- knowledge and experience of asset management practices, including data collection and condition ratings
- good general computer skills with the ability to use GIS software
- local government experience would be an advantage.
“Working together to make Nelson an even better place”
Nelson City Council is an organisation filled with supportive people who love this beautiful city of ours. It’s an exciting time to live, work and play in Nelson as the city continues to grow and thrive. We have amazing weather and gorgeous natural environment to play in, and our city always has something going on. Whether it be major events or just a general buzz in town, it’s a great place for all ages.
Applications close: midnight on Wednesday 8 August 2018.
If this role excites you, please apply online at careers.nelson.govt.nz.
For more information about the role itself please contact: Rosie Bartlett, Manager Parks and Facilities on 03 546 0223.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.