|Company||PGG Wrightson Ltd|
|Listed||Thu 9 Aug, 12:06 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
PGG Wrightson is New Zealand's largest nationwide provider of a wide range of products and services to the agricultural and rural sector. To support our Rural Supplies and Fruitfed Supplies businesses we have built a dynamic team of technical specialists and demand from the business is well established. We are now seeking a professional and qualified Soil Scientist to join this team. There is flexibility as to where this role is based but the successful applicant needs to be close to a major airport in the North Island.
This role will utilise specialist technical knowledge in Soil Science to support and train in-field sales and store staff, advise key clients, maintain industry interaction and contribute to marketing strategies. This is a unique opportunity to combine your passion for people with a passion for technical material. The Technical team enjoy close working relationships, the ability to learn from each other on individual specialist areas and a real sense of fun - we are looking for someone with the personality to fit in and to add to this team.
You will have an aptitude for training others, consulting with on-farm clients and building and maintaining a high profile within our industry. This will be balanced with practical hands on experience in the New Zealand farming industry including specialist knowledge of crops, fertilisers and soil science.
Why would we choose you?:
- You have a relevant tertiary qualification and ideally a minimum three to four years practical experience, with the ability to successfully build strong working relationships and autonomously manage your own time
- You are recognised as an industry expert with technical knowledge in your field that is second to none
- You have a high level of written and verbal communication skills with the ability to transfer knowledge and be able to present to both large and small groups, adapting your style as required
- You have a sound level of commercial focus and acumen and a desire to further develop in this area
- Your proven experience in problem solving and consulting will add value to our diverse range of clients' farming operations
- You have the ability to travel extensively throughout the North Island and nationally as required
This is a great team with a proven track record in the business and a very strong profile both internally and externally. They are recognised as passionate, knowledgeable, personable, engaged and engaging. You don't have to have a big personality, a great sense of humour, be a little crazy - but these characteristics will help if you are successful in the role!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.