|Company||OEM Base | Culture all about their people|
|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Pay & Benefits||Top Salary | Vehicle |Performance Based Incentives|
|Listed||Wed 13 Jun, 5:41 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Do you thrive teaching and leading a strong team from the front?
- Are you experienced in the heavy diesel industry and want to recognised for your hard work?
- Do you want to make a positive name for yourself in one of the busiest NZ markets at present?
An opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to work for a top NZ OEM Group whom operates throughout a number of major branches and industries across New Zealand. In this role you will play a key part in overseeing the teams across the region responsible for the on-going maintenance, servicing and repair of a wide range of mobile plant equipment in both the field and the workshop. You will be a “hands on manager”, technically sound in visual and computer diagnostics and strive on working with a team of people who are committed to getting the job done right the first time and love what they do. This company is expanding and you will have the opportunity to continue to grow and progress your career in this pivotal management role and bringing on and developing the new techs for the future. You will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package and be based in the Manawatu or Canterbury, centralizing you locally and allowing for a great work/life balance.
Key Duties Will Include:
- Overseeing the teams responsible for the maintenance, repair and servicing a wide range of mobile heavy diesel equipment for civil, mining and forestry work sites.
- Be able to lead the branches from the front as the “go to tech” responsible for a combination of planned maintenance activities as well as field breakdown diagnostics and reactive repair.
- Maintaining an effective team of experienced HD mechanics, overseeing paperwork and ensuring the operation is running effectively to required budgets and time constraints, while liaising and maintaining strong customer relationships.
You’ll need to have the following:
- Trade Certified and at least 5 years Heavy Diesel experience.
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent diagnostic skills and familiarity with computer systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and effective time management skills.
- A passion for the industry and a drive to get the job done.
Emily Peacock ( Division Manager – Maintenance NZ)
03 353 5684
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.