|Location||Wanganui, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Tue 5 Mar, 12:12 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
The successful applicant would be someone who is a solid all rounder, which would be willing and committed to carrying out a wide variety of repairs and maintenance both internally/externally of the plant. This self-motivated/hard working individual would be taking the initiative in both the planning and processing of jobs unsupervised.
Their key responsibilities will the monitoring of general maintenance in all the departments, organising/inducting Contractors' on-site, sourcing quotes for projects, monitoring the R&M log controls and liaising with supervisory staff to ensure that production means are met. This role will also be charged with being the 2IC of the engineering department.
The applicant will be able to demonstrate the following key requirements in order to be successful within the role:
- Experience in managing Trade staff within a production environment
- Experience with maintenance planning and associated systems
- Ability to manage support of production departments to minimise down time due to engineering/maintenance requirements
- Strong organisational skills which compliment the need to manage a variety of priorities and demands
- Hold a current trade qualification and have general factory maintenance experience associated with the engineering aspect of our business
- Experience with Contractor management systems and relationship management with Contractors
- Health and safety management within the Trades team
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
If you believe you are the right person to take on this opportunity, please send your CV with a brief covering letter to Kawana Tihema (Kawana.Tihema@affco.co.nz).
Applications close Friday, 29 March 2019.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.