|Company||Ara Institute of Canterbury|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Mon 6 Aug, 3:05 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
- Christchurch City Campus
- Full-time, permanent
Ara Institute of Canterbury is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented staff, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our students' success.
The Planning and Performance Analysis unit is a small team that provides selected planning, monitoring and reporting services at Ara. This includes managing the business intelligence/performance reporting suite, developing selected operational reports, conducting data analysis, and providing other information to both Ara management and external stakeholders.
Working within the Planning and Performance Analysis Unit, you'll be involved in delivering a range of business intelligence services at Ara, aimed at enhancing our use of information to drive performance improvements so we can better serve our stakeholders.
- Develop our suite of Business Intelligence reports, based on the Microsoft (Excel, Power BI, SSRS) reporting environment
- Analyse data from a variety of sources, and communicate the results in written and verbal form
- Provide managers and external partners with data, reports, information and advice to help understand performance and meet external reporting requirements
Skills/experience required plus benefits you will receive:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification, with ideally at least three years' experience in similar business intelligence and/or data analysis roles
- Be an Excel guru, proficient in SQL, and have experience working in the Microsoft (particularly SSRS/Power BI) reporting environment
- Have an inquisitive, analytical mind, able to find meaning in large sets of data
- Be an effective verbal and written communicator, including presenting complex topics in a simple manner, and be comfortable liaising between information users and technical staff to get the job done
- Enjoy working in a dynamic environment supporting management and staff at all levels of the organisation
We offer and encourage professional and skill development. Enjoy excellent employment conditions, a great central city location and access to modern on-site facilities including Gym/Recreation Centre with free staff yoga and group fitness sessions, Library, Visions on Campus Restaurant, two Childcare Centres and a Health Centre.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.