|Company||New Zealand Police Department|
|Listed||Fri 6 Jul, 4:10 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
New Zealand Police
Royal New Zealand Police College, Porirua
Salary Range $46,336 - $62,689
Job Requisition ID 6872
New Zealand Police is the lead agency responsible for reducing crime and enhancing community safety. We work in partnership with individuals, communities, businesses and other public sector agencies to achieve our vision of Safer Communities Together.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our small workforce management team based at the Royal New Zealand Police College (RNZPC) Porirua Campus within the School of Leadership, Management and Command.
This role supports the RNZPC leadership team, managers and staff to enable our people to deliver Our Business through management of rosters, abstractions, certifications, deployability and transfers.
You will enjoy being part of a high functioning team, have sound judgment, an eye for detail and an ability to build rapport with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and cultures.
The Human Resources Information Management system, MyPolice, is still relatively new for Police and many of our people are still learning how to use this. If you have or wish to improve your knowledge and skills in using MyPolice and enjoy helping people, then this is the opportunity for you.
Skills - you will be able to:
- Use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) to develop a high standard of reports/presentations
- Enter, update and report on computer-based record keeping/filing systems
- Prepare and present (written or verbal) information in a clear and concise way
- Comprehend and apply policy
- Adapt style or approach to the individual and situations
- Experience in MyPolice systems, processes and procedures, preferably at Workforce Management specialist user level (desirable but not essential)
- Communicate - Level 1 (Individual Contributor)
- Deliver - Level 1 (Individual Contributor)
- Solve - Level 1 (Individual Contributor)
- Applicants must be a New Zealand or Australian citizen, or a New Zealand resident, or have a valid New Zealand work visa to apply for this position
How to Apply
If this position sounds like you, click 'Apply' now! You will be required to submit a Curriculum Vitae (maximum four pages) which provides an account of your relevant skills, experience and education. In addition, you must complete an application form telling us why you are interested in applying for the position and how you meet the Core Competencies of the role, using no more than 4,000 characters (with spaces) or approximately 600 words for each section.
Please note, if you are an existing Police employee (excluding Contractors) you must apply through our internal Careers site and include your QID number in your application.
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact the Hiring Manager by email at Mark.Wickens@police.govt.nz.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 20th July 2018.