|Company||Fletcher Building Limited|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 4 Jul, 11:24 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
To further improve our service to customers, the South Island tendering team is growing.
We are seeking expressions of interest from Estimators, Detailers, and Contract Supervisors with experience in reinforcing to join our tendering team in Christchurch. These roles are responsible for accurately measuring and pricing reinforcing steel from drawings and specifications provided by customers - a critical part of our operation.
Providing the best service to customers requires the tendering team to have;
* A customer focus with high levels of customer interaction
* Strong technical knowledge around the specification of reinforcing steel
* Proactive collaboration with internal manufacturing and placing teams
* A disciplined approach to utilising best practice systems developed by Fletcher Reinforcing
To join the team you must have:
* High levels of motivation and a drive to provide the best to our customers
* The ability to deal with people from a wide range of backgrounds
* Excellent written and spoken command of the English language
* Experience in the interpretation of structural drawings and specifications
* An understanding of the design and specification of reinforcing steel
* A positive and collaborative approach to team interactions
* Attention to detail with a consistently high level of accuracy
* Strong computer literacy with the desire to upskill to the latest industry software
Further desirable skills are:
* A practical background in the fabrication and/or placing of reinforcing steel
* Experience with construction industry tender bid process, pricing in line with SOQ’s
* Contract management skills relating to AS/NZS 3910, including variation management
* Experience dealing with Consultant Engineers, Architects and Tier 1 and 2 Contractors
* Excellent compensation package and career development opportunities
* Great team culture & environment
* Full support from a positive and highly engaged management team
We value your experience and skills, but to succeed in this team you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. We are looking for people who thrive working in a team environment, who are there for each other during challenges and successes. People who put the customers first and are always thinking about innovative ways to solve business and customer needs. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve.
If you have the right skills and interested to know more about the vacancies, please submit your application and cover letter and the team will be in touch with you to discuss further.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.