|Company||Fletcher Building Limited|
|Location||Palmerston North, Manawatu / Wanganui|
|Listed||Fri 8 Jun, 2:22 pm|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
One of our core values is "Act with Care" and this involves keeping ourselves, the general public and the environment safe and free from harm.
Our health and safety professionals are central to this approach and we now have a requirement in our Manawatu & Whanganui operation as an HSQE (Health, Safety, Quality and Environment) Advisor.
Key accountabilities include:
* Assisting our leaders in implementing HSQE strategy in the Manawatu & Whanganui operations in line with group HSQE strategy and maintaining a proactive HSQE culture
* Delivery of identified practices, programmes and procedures through supporting, mentoring and coaching management and team members
* Ensuring the business is compliant with current legislation and existing best industry practice
* Overseeing operational HSQE reporting and ensuring performance, efficiency and progress against targets
* Utilising and developing existing HSQE data systems to meet local needs
This is a "hands on" role where you will be expected to be immersed in the business, enjoy getting out of the Office, donning the PPE and spending time with the team and crews in the field.
Our approach to HSQE is proactive and culture focused and we expect our HSQE people to be catching people doing the right thing as well as the wrong thing!
You will need to have excellent knowledge of the New Zealand legal framework for HSQE including HSE, ACC and HSNO, ISOs and industry guidelines and standards and experience in carrying out audits and reporting.
You will need high level communications skills with a persuasive/influencing approach rather than overly dictatorial, but you will definitely need to be able to assert your authority when required.
It is the nature of the business that you will be able to be flexible around working hours when required.
Higgins is part of the Fletcher Building Group which provides access to the Fletcher Benefits Programme, and unrivalled career opportunities in a Group comprising 33 businesses, across 40 different countries.
Please click "Apply Now" to apply. For enquiries please call Jeanette Herbst on 09 525 9257.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.