|Company||Scope 2014 Ltd|
|Location||Auckland City, Auckland|
|Pay & Benefits||To be negotiated|
|Listed||Sat 16 Jun, 10:15 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
As a plasterboard fixer, you will be measuring and cutting plaster boards before fixing them to wall frames and ceiling frames (using a screw gun).
As locations vary from job to job within the wider Auckland area, you must have your own, reliable transport. In addition, to ensure you are always in the know with locations, you must have your own cell phone.
Hours are from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday, with some early Friday finishes.
As the construction industry generally shuts down over the Christmas – New Year period until the end of January, we usually take a couple of weeks off around this time until new building projects start coming up again.
The right candidate must:
- Have an eye for detail; and
- Take pride in their work.
Quality and reliability is first and foremost for our business.
To be considered for the TRAINEE positions, you must be:
- Reliable: It is important for us to be able to count on you to perform the work required to the standard required;
- Honest: We love a happy and positive working environment for which we feel it is key that we are honest with each other and talk through any issues or concerns that arise. We learn through making mistakes and we believe that it is better to own up to them so that they can be fixed rather than compromising quality;
- Punctual: As teamwork is key in our job, it is important that you arrive on time each day so work is not hindered. Your teammates will not always be able to start without you;
- Willing to learn: Have a genuine interest in learning a new skill and be able to follow instructions;
- Team player: As you will predominantly work with others, we need someone who likes being around people and work as part of a team.
- Physically fit: As this is a physically demanding job involving heavy lifting, you must be physically fit.
To be considered for the EXPERIENCED positions, you must meet all the trainee requirements, and you must be:
- Experienced in plasterboard fixing: That is, you have worked as a plasterboard fixer previously and can demonstrate your skills;
- Familiar with the GIB book: have an understanding of the different types of plasterboards and the requirements on where and how to use them;
- Work to a high standard: We pride ourselves on the quality of the work that we do as this ensures on-going contracts and continuous work for our people.
- Efficient: While quality is first and foremost, we need to complete jobs to deadlines and therefore we are looking for people who work fast, without rushing or compromising quality.
What’s on offer:
- Hourly rate to match your skill and production level. $18 (trainee) to $30 (most experienced) depending on experience. If you start as a trainee your rate will increase as you develop your skills.
- All tools are provided.
- A full time employment contract
- Pay weekly
- Site Safe at our expense
If this sounds like the ideal job for you, we’d love to hear from you! Apply online or phone the number below.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.