|Company||Geeves Scaffolding Ltd|
|Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Listed||Wed 4 Jul, 10:52 am|
|Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Reference||CHCH - LH|
Our growth means that we now need more Leading Hands across all our operations, and specifically at this time in our Christchurch branch.
This role involves:
- Motivating, and managing crews of up to 6 scaffolders on site
- Managing equipment selection, safe loading and unloading of all gear
- Working with clients to correctly and safely erect the contracted scaffolding
- Working with clients to problem solve and site issues
- Ensuring safe working practices throughout
- Monitoring and reporting variation orders and related works
- Conducting toolbox talks
- Completing task analysis and ensuring teams work to the TA daily
Our ideal applicant would have:
- At least 8+ years scaffolding experience in New Zealand or internationally
- Scaffolding Certificate of Competency (CoC), preferably intermediate or advanced/suspended ticket
- Knowledge of permit work systems
- Confined Spaces & Gas Detection Certificate, Unit Standards 17599, 18426, 25510
- Working at Heights Unit Standards 23229, 15757
- Leadership and people management experience either as a leading hand or within construction
- A superior customer service approach
- Proven communication, interpersonal, documentation and time management skills
- Initiative with a positive, can do attitude
- Team player
Here is your opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects for a professional company that puts your development and safety first. We will be employing you with a view to your future career potential within Geeves and will develop you accordingly.
The remuneration package is negotiable depending on your level of relevant experience.
All applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.